A few go are really upset - they feel the same the heart breaking pain the Democrats felt when Gore won the popular vote but lost the electoral vote.
But a select few have gone insane. They are enough to commit treason and overthrow the lawful government of the United States of America.
Specifically, certain Tea Partiers (by which I mean Judson Phillips of the Tea Party Nation), want to have their electors boycott the Electoral College. They thought that the 12th amendment of the Constitution said if at least 2/3 of the electoral college did not meet, then it would let the House of Representatives determine the next president. (Source)
They are wrong. Snopes.com found that the 2/3 requirement is for within the House, after the Electoral College has already failed to select a President. It does not apply to the Electoral College at all.
But I am not going to talk about the legality of the theory,. Snopes did a good job dismantling his argument. Instead I am talking about the ethics of the theory.
Because something can be legal and still be treasonous - if the traitor Judson Phillips were to invent an entirely new device that when activated causes all nuclear bombs within 100 miles to detonate, then selling that device to say say Syria, would be treason. Yes it might be legal, as there are no clear laws against it, but it would still be treason.
First we need to dismiss his feeble attempt at justification. He refereed to previous times state legislatures have boycotted state votes. He fails to realize three things.
- The people boycotting those state votes were not elected solely to do those state votes. They were elected to govern the entire nation and specifically told to vote their own mind, not simple perform a direct function of voting as they ran. That is, there were no laws requiring them to vote as they had promised.
- The matter in question had in fact never been mentioned in the elections that put the representatives there.
- Lastly, those were lower level matters. What's OK to do for a law on union negotiations is not OK to do for deciding who the President of the US will be.
Next I need to remind people of the purpose of Democracy. It isn't to get the best President. We didn't rise up against England because we thought King George's younger brother would be a better king. No, we rose up because we wanted a democracy - the ability to vote for who would lead us. We rose up against a fascist pig that ignores our desires, taking up weapons and killing the S.O.B. that tried to make us obey a government that ignored our desires.
At heart the reason democracy works is that it makes more sense to vote for who will lead with a ballot rather than with a bullet. In other words to stop an armed insurrection because some asshole stole power. And that's what Judson Philips was suggesting. He thought that he had found a 'legal' way to steal an election from America and turn us into a Dictatorship run by a bunch of fascists telling us what to do, despite having lost an election.
That's all Judson Philips and his friends (see Tea Party Nation) are - a bunch of anti-American, anti-Democracy wanna be dictators.
By the way, that's why the GOP lost. They ignored the needs and desires of black Americans, Hispanic Americans, and female Americans. We realized that the Tea Party are not in favor of democracy. They like to wrap themselves in the Flag and the Constitution, but:
- Don't know what the Constitution really says (hence Snopes.com had to correct that wanna-be dictator about what the 12th amendment actually said)
- Don't care about Democracy. Which is why they came up with the twisted attempt to get the loser of the election - which he admitted he didn't like - to be President.
- Doesn't care about right or wrong, he just wants to WIN.
The six reasons why Democracy is better than other forms of government are:
- Ideas not people are what matter
- More attentive leaders
- Leaders with good social skills
- It trains multiple people
- We can thoroughly investigate candidates
- It's your own damn fault if the wrong party wins
The traitor Judson Philips wants to ignore what the people said (yes to Obama, yes to Healthcare, yes to higher taxes on the wealthy), rather than pay attention to it.
The traitor Judson Philips wants to get a leader with admittedly bad social skills (see moronic "Gift Comments, by Romney - note the real "gifts" Obama gave to down trodden Americans were Respect, an ear to talk to a voice to speak for them).
At least the traitor Judson Philips was willing to keep the ability to train multiple people and investigate candidates.
But finally, the traitor Judson Philips was unwilling to admit IT'S HIS OWN DAMN FAULT ROMNEY LOST. The GOP elected him as their candidate, in large part because Tea Party Traitors like Judson Philips prevented the smarter candidates like Huntsman from winning (anyone that thinks one the Tea Party's favorite candidates could have done better has been doing some pretty impressive drugs.) Hell, their stupidity is almost certainly one of the reasons Chris Christie didn't run. (They yelled at him for 'standing too close to President Obama during the Hurricaine Sandy aftermath).
The Traitor Judson Philips need to go back to school. He needs to study the Constitution of the United States. He also needs to study the Civil War - about how horrible it was (and the fact that the South lost because the North had the better weapons even though the South had better trained people and more guns). He also needs to learn more about the difference between legal and illegal, ethical and unethical.
But most importantly, the Traitor Judson Philips needs to know three things.
- It is still legal in the US for citizens to own guns. Lots of Liberals own them.
- What do you think would have happened if Republicans had won the general election and the electoral electoral election, but a bunch of commie liberals had tried to do the kind of low down, treasonous coup you suggested the Republicans did? There be gunfire in the streets and a bunch of dead liberals, that's what.
- Liberals are not soft. Those guns you think we don't have? We will use those guns against against any traitor that tries to steal our election. The same way you would have shot us dead if we tried to pull the illegal coup you suggested.
Judson Philips, you are a traitor to the United States, a traitor to Democracy, a traitor to pretty much everything George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, FDR, Ronald Reagan and Clinton stood for.
Luckily for us, most conservatives (including most Republicans) are as horrified as I am at the vile evil thoughts in your head.
And that my friend, is the real reason why you lost the election. Frankly, you never had a chance.